Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Blog Flux Directory Green Assassin Brigade: Stephen Harper to pull out of Debate?

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stephen Harper to pull out of Debate?

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong but who in their right mind believes any guy when he claims he'll pull out? The last person to fall for that old line was Palin's knocked up daughter, before that Mrs Harper.

This was nothing but a bluff and the three stooges either fell for it or more probably decided to use it for self interest hoping their complicity would be ignored.

Dion you knew better! There was no way Harper would allow a debate where you got to speak and he did not. You know how competitive and controlling Harpo is there was no real risk he would pull out, he just wanted to spread the blame.
I also don't believe you protested too much when you heard Harper's lame threat. I suspected you frowned your stern little frown and then ran off to the can to dance a jig knowing you were off the hook.

Jack, come on, tell me you did not discuss cutting May out of the debate during your little chat with Harpo before the election call was made? Yeah, I thought so!

Duceppe, ante up. State now you will have a one on one debate in Quebec with the Greens if you were so willing.

I don't buy this threat to pull out, it was simply a contrivance to let you all do what you wanted to do anyway, silence Elizabeth May!

Still think you made the best choice?Recommend this Post

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding this statement about Dion:
I suspected you frowned your stern little frown and then ran off to the can to dance a jig knowing you were off the hook.

While I don't buy the argument that May should be counted as a Liberal, she has made it clear that she'd rather go after Harper than Dion. So I'm not sure how you justify that statement.

Anonymous said...

"While I don't buy the argument that May should be counted as a Liberal, she has made it clear that she'd rather go after Harper than Dion. So I'm not sure how you justify that statement."

Dion is no fool, and if there is soft support for Harper that can be poached he does not want to compete against an extra voice capable of stealing that vote.

Yes May would probably attack only Harper but due to the language issues she may actauly kick Dion's ass in the english debate and he knows it. He's to honourable to axe her himself but not to honourable to savour an opportunity when it lands in his lap. Reasonable No?

nitroglycol said...

I'm an NDP supporter, but I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with Layton for going along with May's exclusion. I'm not sure I buy the idea that he discussed this with Harper, but he certainly has expressed doubts about the legitimacy of letting her in. The justifications given for keeping May out don't wash with me; I'm not too keen on floor-crossing, but since it's an accepted practice in the House, and the rule has always been that if you have a seat you get into the debate, it seems only fair to accept May into the debate. To do otherwise is to make it into a game of Calvinball.