Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites Blog Flux Directory Green Assassin Brigade: Lux Interior : RIP

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lux Interior : RIP




More signs of my faded youth as I read this morning that Lux Interior the cadaveresk front man for the Cramps passed away due to a heart condition.



While I was not a huge punk fan(with exceptions) I did love that short 80s revival of Rockabilly which the Cramps twisted into a psychobilly sound both distinct and alluring. I had several Cramps albums and actually saw them at the Masonic Temple when a good friend bought me tickets for my 18th or 19th birthday.

Lux's music was raw, minimalist and sometimes almost claustrophobic from the constant grind created by a noise box on the base guitar on some tracks. While I rarely play them these days Green Door, Goo Goo Muck and Drug Train are still favorites.

Recommend this Post

No comments: